Saturday, November 26, 2016

Race Car UVs

Today I leaned that Maya Bonus Tools don't work in Extension 2. This is probably for the best as doing UVs the proper way was probably a worthwhile learning experience. It took a little while, but was relatively stress free. I forgot to take pictures on the way, so these pictures are all of the final results.

\
Model tuned with spoiler. Look at those clean clean lines. No retopoing here.
Collapsed a few lines on the bottom. It's not like I'm animating the underside.

UVs. I know some weird lines are straggling. Those are the inner linings of the windows where they were extruded inward. Would you say intruded? Probably not...

Probably definitely my final texture. Totally. What a beauty.
And here it is matched up to the UVs.

Finally a photoshop image with some basic colors painted under the UVs. I left the UV lines visible for now but they will be hidden for actual texturing.



No comments:

Post a Comment