Sunday, November 20, 2016

My First Model

We did our first real modelling this week. It was... actually quite enjoyable. I won't call it easy, but a friendly artist showed me a few very useful tools and then I worked without getting distracted (no small feat) for 10 hours. I'm quite pleased with the result, particularly as I miss-sized a reference image and had to go with my intuition.
I didn't snap any pics of the first few steps so we're starting here where I'm sculpting a front window.

We had some extrusion trouble, because I was extruding relative to the world instead of the object (or vice versa, I can't honestly remember).

Headlights

Making it fit to the better image. You'll see my side image is too small.

This is before I worked the tail. I saved the end for last, so to speak.

Hood, why?

2 Wheels is plenty, my guy.

\
Windows for seeing things.

I decided I wanted pretty lines and so I straightened everything out, all around. Glad I did, too.

Spoiler alert

Pretty close, chief.

There we go. Rims and everything.

And finally the one thing I forgot, the front window.

No comments:

Post a Comment