Sunday, January 22, 2017

Blueprint Homework 1

So, this week I'll be working on a level design homework that is all about blueprints. The requirements are simple. Make a level with 2 areas, and 5 different functions blueprinted, that's it. I've decided to make a level where the player traverses a tropical forest by collecting and deploying bouncing mushrooms.

BP 1 will be something like a grenade, except it will spawn a bouncing mushroom.
BP 2 will be that mushroom
BP 3 will allow the player to pick up these mushrooms.
BP 4 will display the number of reserve mushrooms on the UI
and BP 5 will be a light source that floats up into the air and illuminates an area after it hits the ground

The trickiest part, so far has been the grenade component for which the tutorial I followed was severely lacking. So, instead, I'm going to start from scratch and steal bits and piece from the premade FPS level that Unreal has. The gun projectiles are similar enough that if I reimagine the blueprint with my new mechanic in mind, I should be able to make something work.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment